Thursday 16 June 2016

Will somebody just let me watch the football!! - Days 5 and 6

Why does everybody hate the Sturridge dance? I love it!
It’s a real battle watching major international tournaments these days. I mean when I was a kid I could literally watch EVERY GAME. Maybe not the late ones during USA 94, I recorded them on VHS then played them on fast forward the following day up until each goal, but in other tournaments I was definitely spoilt.

The main problem is work. Especially when they (UEFA & FIFA that is) keep scheduling tournament games for the middle of the working day. I’m not being funny but both federations are pretty money obsessed, hence the choice of Russia and Qatar for the next two World Cups. Have they not worked out that by scheduling games at the best times of the day for the European TV market, they can attract even more advertising money? Stop these bloody 2pm games!

This year I’m missing the 2nd half of the England Wales game. I know you’re probably saying to yourself, “Well if it was that important to you, why didn’t you take annual leave?” I normally would. In the past I’d never make such a rookie mistake. My holiday form goes in as soon as the draw is made. England games and opening games during working hours are totally out of bounds for work. Not this time. This year I’m moving jobs. I’ve already handed in my notice, as a result I have a reduced allocation of annual leave, and I don’t have any more days left! Arggh!

The tournament has been pretty decent so far. No 0-0’s. And no penalty shoot out’s (I know there haven’t been any knockout games, I’m being silly)! Albania have let me down, well not necessarily let me down but look like they’re going out, contrary to my earlier predictions. But Iceland lived up to the billing I gave them as did Portugal (in a way).

I’m off to Italy v Sweden tomorrow in Toulouse (I’ve probably mentioned it a few times already) and I cannot wait! Zlatan vs Italy!


Oh! And I was on Shoot The Defence again the other night! Thanks again for having me on, even if you did give me a hard time about Payet!

No comments:

Post a Comment