Monday 13 June 2016

Sorry non-football fans - Day 3


In all of the giddiness that has taken over in the last few days it has completely passed me by that Brazil were eliminated from the Copa America! IN THE GROUP STAGE! Despite them taking a pretty strong squad and thumping Haiti 7-1 the other night.

This is the thing when a major tournament is on. Everything else stops, even caring for other football. Major Tournaments do actually make me feel sorry for those who don’t like football. I’m sure that they couldn’t give a toss and that they might find my “pity” patronising. But what do they have?

I genuinely woke up on Friday morning feeling like a kid at Christmas. Last night, rather than thinking, “Urgh I hate Sunday nights...” it was, “Great! It’s Germany v Ukraine…”. Same for today, there was no, “Urgh! Monday morning...!” For today is an opportunity to watch Spain, Zlatan and Italy!


Much like Christmas as a kid, a major European tournament has no weekdays or weekends. For about a month, life just isn’t the same!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't try and spam my blog Marcus Kotter!

    PS it's not THAT popular, you're flogging a dead horse. ;-)

    ReplyDelete