Thursday 12 June 2014

Statement

To all concerned,

Between 12th of June and the 13th July 2014 I shall be watching the World Cup. I intend to watch as many matches as possible. Yes, the game at 2am on the 15th and yes games where England aren't playing. Please do not be offended if I decline random after work drinks and other social gatherings. I will try and attend engagements I am invited to but please note anything that clashes with a game runs the risk of me being a "no show". "I'm sure they'll have it on... ...there'll be others that'll want to see it too." will not be enough to convince me. The World Cup happens once every 4 years and once it is over the long wait begins again.

Thank you.

Travis Nigel Newton

PS This isn't me being presumptuous and assuming I'm so popular I'll be inundated with social invitations in the next month, I'm just putting the shout out to avoid any confusion.

PPS I suggest you get watching some games!

No comments:

Post a Comment