Wednesday 9 July 2014

Last night - Brazil vs Germany

So last light was pretty special eh?

How many of you predicted that was going to happen? It'll probably never happen again. It definitley won't happen in the final. I have to say, I was shocked. If you're not sure what I'm on about i.e. you've been living under a rock. Just to inform you, last night in the Semi Final of the 2014 World Cup, the hosts Braaaaaaaaasiiil Braaaaaaaaasiiil played Germany for the 2nd time ever in the World Cup. The two most successful World Cup nations of all time* going toe to toe for a place in the Final. And the game didn't disappoint did it. Why? Well because Dracula was refereeing!


I'm not messing about by the way. Check out who last night's referee was. I'm just surprised he was given the game, in the past I had got the impression that Dracula (Marco Antonio Rodríguez) wasn't a great referee, also he was the referee who, earlier in the tournament, missed the Luis Suarez bite on Georgio Chiellini. Oh the irony! A player biting an opponent (near his neck) when the ref was Dracula!! And getting away with it!!! He probably thought that was normal behaviour.

Didn't miss Marchisio's foul did you Dracula?!?
Just so you all know, that wasn't the only time a vampire has been involved in football this season. Anyone who follows me on Twitter (@ntrav99) may have seen my tweet from a few months ago when I saw a vampire lurking at an Athletic Bilbao game...

Eyeing up Susaeta's neck...
 Obviously I'm messing about re last night's game and there was a much bigger talking point that I'm leading on to. The biggest shock for me last night, and I'd suspect for many others who watched the game, was that Germany were playing in their away kit and it WAS NOT GREEN! What the hell? What is going on with football kit's nowadays? Tradition seems to be continually forsaken in the name of making Nike, Puma and Adidas a quick buck. Add to this that Sepp Blatter has already expressed a wish for teams to play in simpler kits as he feels it makes the referee's job easier.

This is THE German away kit! End of!
Screw that Sepp! We survived for over a hundred years with it the way it was and nobody ever complained of not being able to make two teams out (except for that time when Alex Ferguson made Man U change at half time because they were getting pummelled by Southampton).

Here's the deal, the following kit combinations should be kept to at all times, I expect this to be enforced in the next World Cup (in fact I might start one of those online petitions, I see petitions for anything these days).

England should play in white shirts, blue shorts and white socks. In the event that they play a team who predominately wears white they should switch to red shirts, white shorts and red socks. None of this all white rubbish! The same goes for France, where the hell have the white shorts gone?? Sometimes they don't even have red socks (sacrilege)!

Spain! Where the hell have the blue/navy/black shorts gone?!? You guys got too big for your boots, that's why you crashed out in the first round! Fix those shorts! We've already touched on Germany, but just to reiterate. Black shorts on the home kit. Green shirts, white shorts and green socks for the away kit. Don't make me have to write to Adidas!

They're barely red
Argentina, like Spain, need to bring back the black/navy shorts. Don't think I haven't noticed you trying to sneak white in instead! Mexico have tried a similar manoeuvre with their socks, this years socks are barely passable as red, they're more white! RED!

All I'm saying is all hell is gonna break loose in the Newton household if I ever ever ever watch Peru play and they don't have the red sash. I dare them to remove it!

I suppose I should probably talk about last night's result. Germany thrashed Braaaaaaaaasiiil Braaaaaaaaasiiil 7-1, which is now the new record score for a World Cup semi final (surpassing the two 6-1s in 1930). Braaaaaaaaasiiil Braaaaaaaaasiiil were diabolical, I mean I said they were bad, and they are, but last night they were particularly bad. I suppose it was coming though. In my opinion Braaaaaaaaasiiil Braaaaaaaaasiiil have had one decent game and that was against Cameroon, who we all know thought they were WWF (ha ha I said "F" again, World Wildlife Federation you can't sensor me!) wrestlers.

If you think about it Brazil were fortunate against Croatia, held by Mexico, almost knocked out by Chile (even though the Chileans didn't have their greatest game) and could only beat Colombia by kicking the cr*p out of "Hamez" Rodriguez (and had the cheek to try and make out like Zuniga meant to hurt Neymar).

So you know what, good riddance Braaaaaaaaasiiil Braaaaaaaaasiiil, that's what you get for leaving Kaka at home!

And that's all I have to say.

*In terms of games won, goals scored and finals reached, Italy have won more actual World Cups than Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment